On a great many paths and tracks, you'll require footwear more substantial than a pair of trainers, but trekking boots might seem like overkill. The Meindl Respond Lady Mid GTX bridges this gap: more ankle support than trainers, lighter and more flexible than boots.
The carefully designed Contagrip sole is built around a stabilising nylon heel cup, with the midsole and the shape of the outsole promoting an ideal combination of flex and heel-to-toe rolling motion: enough stiffness for support but enough flex for comfort. The padded, mid-height ankle cuff protects against rocks and tree roots, while the waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex lining protects your foot from the rain.
- Suede and Air Stream mesh uppers give structure and breathability
- GORE-TEX lining gives waterproof, breathable protection
- Air-Active footbed and ventilation
- Rubber toe rand gives extra protection
- Nylon heel stabiliser and EVA midsole
- Meindl Contagrip Trail sole with lugged grippy sole
- Weight: 900g (pair)
The Women's Respond Mid GoreTex Walking Shoe is a mid-height shoe perfect for light hiking and adventure travel.
Combinging the comfort and feel of a trainer, with the mid height ankle support, the Respond Mid Walking Boot has velour leather and mesh uppers with a waterproof and breathable Gore-Tex XCR lining. Meindl Contagrip Trail sole unit for optimum grip and protection. Cupped heel stabiliser and toe protector.